September 2017 - present
Junior Brand Manager, Jagex Ltd., Cambridge
June 2005 - present
Content Editor, freelance, London
- Producing tailor-made content based on customer needs (product catalogue, seasonality, hype, call-to-action elements, SEO-friendliness).
- Editor in video games and technology press. Producing and signing cover stories for popular print magazines and online sites, reviewing video games, devices and gadgets.
- Undertaking organisational responsibilities around content and community management.
- Specialised in gaming, technology and telecom industries.
- Acting as a correspondent while in the UK, attending events worldwide (E3, Tokyo Game Show, BlizzCon, gamescom, etc.), broadening constantly my network of contacts.
- Introduced to new media management in terms of CMS, SEO and UX, learned to adopt different writing styles.
Associated companies: Atcom Internet & Multimedia S.A., Compupress S.A., Diakofto Press Ltd., Digital Store S.P., Fotagogos Ltd., Gamers S.A., Gnet S.A., Insomnia Ltd., Mezoura Tailored Menswear Pty., One Team S.A., Zegetron S.A.
May 2017 - June 2017
Junior Editor, Figaro Digital Ltd., London
- Liaised with members, maximizing their editorial opportunities, strengthening partnerships, and driving retention.
- Produced a quarterly print magazine through research and platforming stages, to content creation, editing, pre-press, and print.
- Created cutting-edge industry content, driving readership and increasing traffic.
- Curated company’s social profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, creatively promoting its content and increasing its reach the hard (i.e. organic) way.
- Attended industry events to gather knowledge, and engage prospective speakers and members.
June 2014 - January 2017
Tech Content Marketing Supervisor, Public Retail World S.A., Athens
- Head of the Content Marketing team for the technology categories, overseeing content creation and marketing.
- Key stakeholder in the implementation of the company’s digital marketing strategy. Managed the site’s content catalogue, platform and CMS (Oracle ATG Web Commerce).
- Performance measured by KPIs, including a multimillion euro sales target for two different countries (Greece, Cyprus) which was exceeded in both past fiscal years.
- Assessed data coming from analytics, heatmaps and surveys in order to determine the team’s next projects. Applied UX and UI improvements in order to offer a seamless experience to the customer and improve the site’s metrics (CR, BR, CTR, sales).
- Worked on efficient SEO/SEM and competitions analysis techniques. Constantly updated through research and seminars on new marketing trends, tools and best practices.Performed A/B testing and evaluated the results using various tools (Google Analytics, VWO heatmaps, etc.).
- Liaised with other departments (Marketing, Commercial, PR, Operations) and agencies in order to stay aligned with the company’s marketing strategy and to propose new potential product categories. Suggestions included: turntables, office equipment, gaming merchandise.
April 2012 - May 2014
Editor-in-Chief & Head of New Media, Smart Press S.A., Athens
- Head of the company’s Websites and Magazines Division, responsible for its overall performance in terms of productivity, sales, circulation and advertising deals.
- Decision maker on critical issues, including targeting, budgeting, launching new media and hiring talent.
- Key contact with clients in both business and non-business context, solidifying and establishing relationships with existing and new ones respectively.
- Key stakeholder in advertising proposals to agencies and clients, combining the creative and out-of-the-box thinking with the role-related KPIs (including revenues and traffic).
- Covered events and expos worldwide, interviewing key technology personalities and getting to know new technologies.
- Worked on community building and management using social platforms and gamification techniques, getting in touch with different audiences and attending events and presentations, contributing where necessary with exquisite pieces.
March 2009 - April 2012
Communications Coordinator, LEAP Ltd., Athens
- Co-founder of the “byteme” franchise which included one of the leading video game websites in Greece and the country’s first interactive digital magazine for tablets (iPad & Android).
- Responsible for the design of an effective communication plan in order to establish the brand within the hardcore and casual gaming audiences in the country.
- Secured advertising revenue that surpassed €50k for the first year. Developed a successful customer approach by pitching innovative ideas to a market that was not yet familiar with them.
- Mastered feedback analysis through community management, worked on event organisation and delved into content creation. Learned to prioritise and to multitask, since I had to perform brilliantly on a multitude of objectives on a daily basis.
- Gained entrepreneurial experience running a stand-alone project within a thriving startup environment.
September 2008 - September 2009
Marketing & New Media Specialist, Creative Image Technologies S.A., Athens
- Established the company’s media presence by arranging product reviews, organising press events and securing advertorials in print and online media.
- Composed and distributed press releases regarding device launches and software updates.
- Developed a good level of knowledge and understanding about marketing in relation with product management.